Back in 2021, I participated in Ravelry's Ravellenic Games, and I made the prototype of this pattern. This last month, I finally got around to editing and improving the pattern so I could publish it. I love how the ribbing and lace patterns lined up to create the impression of tree leaves growing off a trunk. The way they aligned was completely unintentional when I first made them, but a surprise that made me happy. The pattern has a couple fiddly bits, but works up quickly and is pretty easy on the whole.
In case anyone is wondering, I made the mitts in the picture below from Nuna, by Mirasol Yarns. The prototype I made from Manos del Uruguay's Silk Blend, which is a bit heavier than Nuna and made warmer mitts. Both yarns were absolutely wonderful to work with, and I highly recommend them.