Happy 2023! At the end of the third quarter of 2022, I set the following end-of-year goals:
I did publish four more patterns before the end of the year, including two baby sweaters and one of the planned scarves. The fourth pattern wound up being a crocheted hat pattern from Practical Crocheter, and I published it just a few days ago. I published the Hat With Sleeves Sweater, the Easy Surplice Baby Sweater, the Symmetry Scarf, and the Heavy Single Crochet Watch Cap.
I did not finish the Become a Dragonfly Blanket, as I did not buy more yarn for the project in time. However, I am working on that project again, so it will go in the 2023 donation box. Ten soap sacks turned into 13, and I did donate those to my local shelter, as planned. I also made a gazillion (32) bonding squares for Today Is A Good Day, and sent them off to be distributed to a participating NICU. Going in the 2022 donation box (picture below), I made a few hats and pairs of baby booties.
I removed the hat for my oldest from my knitting list, as my husband bought him a fun hat on a recent trip, and when they returned home, my son found a hat I made him a couple years ago. It had gotten buried under everyone else's hats, scarves, and gloves. I have yet to make the Denna Square for my 4yo (or the stuffed pteradactyl he also requested several months ago), but they are in the pipeline for his upcoming birthday. I also have not made new gloves for my 9yo, which is good, since he decided he actually wants mittens. I need to buy the yarn for those.
In addition to the patterns I've been working on, I made another baby blanket for the 2023 charity box. This one is a temperature blanket, and I'll be posting about that soon. The second scarf I had planned to publish as a pattern in December got pushed off to this month, and I've been working on samples, so that's another thing you'll see more of later this month. I made a pair of thick, wool socks for myself so I could provide pictures for my Sock Math post, and I made something lacy as a gift for a friend.
Another project I worked on in December was a pair of crocheted mittens. I've made a few pairs of crocheted mittens over the years and looked at even more patterns. Honestly, I haven't seen many I liked. They often look clunky or uncomfortable or they don't drape right, and I wanted to see if I could come up with something I like better. I can, and I did. That's another thing I'll write more about later.
Moving on to goals for 2023, I want to:
- Finish the Become A Butterfly Blanket and continue weekly charity stitching
- Publish another dozen patterns, some knit and some crochet, and I'm hoping that some of those will be in conjunction with Rancho Inca Alpaca.
- Do more instructional videos. I'm really happy with how the first came out, and I have a bunch of videos I've been procrastinating making. It's time to get it done.
- Make a Denna Square and a Stuffed Pteradactyl for my 4yo's birthday at the end of the month.
- I've said this for a few years now, but I really want to finish the Momentous Occasion Doily this year.
- Make more socks for myself (also carried over from last year), and some leg warmers I've been thinking about for a while.
- Mittens for my 9yo, in red, as requested.
- A few free patterns
I'm optimistic I'll be able to achieve these goals more easily than last year's, since I won't be working on a king sized blanket this year.